Diary of An Unrepentant Sex Addict

Sunday, July 10, 2005

And I Call Myself an Addict?

I mean, I wonder sometimes.

For the second time in less than a month, I'm turning away a sure thing. Someone I know I could have (almost literally) with a snap of my fingers. And I'm doing it for all the wrong sorts of reasons: consideration, maturity, and an annoying sense of honor.

In both cases, the person is totally ready and willing. Neither represent cases of hard-sell or manipulation. But I choose not to pursue, indeed to prevent. Mostly because I don't want to deal with the emotional fall-out. And yet, I have the nagging feeling that I'm doing it in part because I know that it's the right thing to do, in the compassionate sense.

I mean, what's that all about? I'm a little old to be suddenly getting all mature...

D

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home