Diary of An Unrepentant Sex Addict

Thursday, February 22, 2007

33 Days, 33 Posts: Day 25 - Trying to Bridge the Gender Gap

A commenter on one of my earlier posts remarked on how much rarer sex-blogs by men are, compared to those by women. He even pointed to my own blogroll, which is certainly dominated by women. A couple of the blogs are group-efforts that include men, and I think that Retrofap has men behind it (though they've been silent way too long). Aside from that, though. The only real male representation is the husband half of Polyamorously Perverse. So over the next few weeks, I'm going to be looking for some male-written blogs that I can enjoy enough to add to the blogroll. In my own defense, there used to be some male-written blogs there, but most of them stopped updating so I removed them. In fact, one of the first ones I linked to was "Living the Bi Life". A shame he quit writing.

One thing I did earlier was to add Jefferson's blog, which I've been reading via RSS for a while, now. I'm probably more envious of him than of anyone else I read. Not just that he's having that much sex, but more that he's in an environment, a circle of people where there's that much going on. Alas, the cruel twist is that the more I ardently long for such, the more desperate I become and thus the less likely that I'd ever get invited into such a social circle. Finding, and striking, that balance is the trick. And for me, it's an extremely difficult one.

In vow news, it was a busy day, so while it was always on my mind, there wasn't any real time to be adequately tempted. But the weekend is coming up on me, and after nearly four weeks I'm seriously gagging for it...

-D

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • I've been reading you for a while now. I can't promise that my blog is all that you're looking for, but I am male and sex does make an appearance from time to time.

    By Blogger raven, at Friday, February 23, 2007 6:06:00 AM  

  • Mark is too modest. His blog is great.

    Thanks for the kind words on my blog. It's true, I'm very fortunate to be part of such a vibrant sexual network. But you know, it took care and effort to make it so--these things don't simply materialize. So keep wishing, hoping and trying.

    By Blogger Jefferson, at Friday, February 23, 2007 6:57:00 AM  

  • Jefferson is the pied piper. In more ways than one. He knows he's a coveted model for sexual living...and well, I think you have a serious journey of your own going. I just discovered your blog....sometimes I feel sorry for you, admire you, want to advise you, or just fuck you to take some of your edge off. I'm concerned for you, and hope you find relief. Is that even possible???
    I'm sending good thoughts.
    xo-
    Scarlet

    By Blogger Her Scarlet Letters, at Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home