Diary of An Unrepentant Sex Addict

Monday, May 28, 2007

When Sex-Addiction Isn't So Cute

I'm back in Denver for a week, to see a friend's son graduate from high school. It's a nice, quiet vacation, a needed break from the job I've been at for almost 6 months now.

In coming back, I was reminded of one of the few people I fooled around with while I was living here last year. I didn't write about it here (I don't think... I should probably check the archives to be sure, but if I did write it was only briefly), because it was actually a little unnerving for me.

See, this person is also a sex addict. But compared to her, I'm just a wanker trying to justify himself. And I don't consider myself a wanker trying to justify himself. This person doesn't have issues, she has subscriptions. But I'm happy to say that she does try very hard to keep her life on an even keel. With varying degrees of success, of course (as do we all). But one thing I found from exchanging a few e-mails then checking out her MySpace page, was that the local alternative weekly had done a story about her back in February. A story that is pretty candid, and one that revealed even more details of her rough times than even she or her ex-husband had ever mentioned in person back when I was living here and occasionally hanging out with them:


Reading this, I am actually grateful that my own addiction is fairly mild by comparison. I wish you only the best, hon.

-D

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Although we never played with them, we met Michelle, Dennis and Britni at several swing parties in the Denver area. We never saw any indication that Michelle was the addict she turned out to be. It's been a while since we've seen her, but we hope she's doing okay.

    By Blogger Greg and Sheryl, at Friday, September 07, 2007 7:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home