Diary of An Unrepentant Sex Addict

Saturday, February 24, 2007

33 Days, 33 Posts: Day 27 - One Week From Today

...I'm gonna have the most powerful orgasms I've had since the day I discovered masturbation.

A little over two years ago, I took a class called "The Art of Living". I was extremely skeptical, because it sounded very new-agish and all. And it seemed to be very focused on the East Indian community, which I'm not exactly going to blend into very easily. But the person who suggested it was someone I trusted, and I went. It was a very positive experience, though like many things I've tried that had positive impact, I managed to fall out of the habits.

So today, I decided to get back into the habit. I went to a local weekly meditation this morning, where I stood out like the proverbial sore thumb; only white person there, and 5-6 inches taller than anyone else. It was awkward, as I'd forgotten a lot of the mechanics, but eventually I got back into the rhythm. The next thing is for me to make certain I go again next week. There have been so many things in the past that I've tried to do in the name of self-improvement, and to the one I always end up falling out of the habit after a few months or so.

Unlike a lot of people, I can't change my habits, or create new ones, very easily. In fact, it's extremely difficult. Trying to change my diet in an effort to lose weight... trying to get up earlier so that I can exercise even a little bit... all of these are things that I sincerely want to do, but regularly fail to do. For someone as adept at software engineering as I've proven to be, I'm stunningly absent-minded when it comes to remembering new additions to daily routines.

In other news, last night I dreamed that I was once again able to, ahem, attend to my own needs. It's a wonder I didn't wake up swimming in my own fluids. It felt so real, I couldn't believe my luck (and upon waking, realized that I was right not to). I tell you, if I ever manage to get to where I can do that again, I may never leave my apartment. I sure as shit won't be trying any "33 Days" stunts like this one again...

-D

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I've heard that it takes a month of repetition, or about 300 repetitions, for something to become habit. After all, it took a lot of early childhood training before unbrushed teeth felt wrong.

    For me, if there's something new I want to make a habit, I have to really help it - notes to myself, arranging my schedule, setting out the "tools" for the job, etc.

    Good luck!

    By Blogger Mandy, at Sunday, February 25, 2007 8:07:00 AM  

  • And yet, I've had to take daily medication for thyroid and some other issues for years, and still if I don't leave the pill bottles out on the bathroom counter right next to the sink, I'll forget to take them. Despite having done so daily for over 100 months.

    Bing absent-minded wouldn't be so bad, if I had gotten the "genius" part along with it...

    By Blogger Dausa, at Sunday, February 25, 2007 3:29:00 PM  

  • I'm not sure that changing habits is really that easy for anyone. You should be proud of your 27 days of habit-changing so far.

    And being a genius is highly overrated (not that I'd know).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, February 25, 2007 7:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home